In the upper abdomen, a layer of fat accumulates between the walls of the abdominal cavity and the internal organs – visceral fat. The main reasons for its accumulation are a sedentary lifestyle, poor nutrition, chronic stress, heredity. Visceral fat can trigger serious illness
th heart and type 2 diabetes. It is not difficult to determine the presence of this layer; it is enough to measure the waist circumference. For a woman, this parameter should be less than 88 cm, for men – 102 cm. If the numbers are larger, urgent measures must be taken.
Exhausting exercises in the gym and strict diets are not suitable for everyone, for them yoga classes that do not involve power loads and are distinguished by smoothness would be a good alternative. The system contains fairly simple positions available to beginners.
Regular exercise can help you achieve the following results:
- improve the supply of organs and tissues with blood and oxygen;
- activate metabolic and metabolic processes;
- cleanse the digestive system of toxins and toxins;
- accelerate the process of burning fat, converting it into energy;
- normalize the activity of the digestive system;
- reduce appetite;
- improve overall well-being.
During classes, the muscles of the back, abs, sides are worked out. The feeling of hunger disappears, extra pounds go away painlessly and safely.
There are very few contraindications for yoga practice, abdominal exercises cannot be done for the following diseases:
- acute colds;
- inguinal or umbilical hernia;
- pathology of the digestive tract;
- high blood pressure;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
If you have these ailments, you should consult your doctor before starting classes.
Easy poses to reduce belly fat
Yoga offers effective asanas that strengthen the abs and back muscles.
At the first glance at this asana, it seems that mainly the muscles of the legs are involved. This is not the case, the position cannot be held without the work of the press.
Steps to follow:
- Stand straight, bend over and touch the floor with your fingers.
- Gently lift your right leg until it is parallel to the horizon.
- As you exhale, lift your arms up, your body should become like the letter “T”.
- Tighten your abs to hold your body in this position.
- Try to keep your back straight without bending your lower back.
Duration of position – 5 breathing cycles. Then do the left leg exercise.
In the process of performing this exercise, the main load falls on the anterior abdominal muscles:
- Lie on your stomach, raise your knees, bend them.
- Put your hands back and grab your ankles.
- Inhale, arch your lower back as much as possible, lifting your chest and pelvis off the floor.
- Take your head back.
Stay in this state for 10-30 seconds, as you exhale, release your ankles, lower your shoulders and legs to the floor. Do 5 reps with short breaks.
This position is quite simple to perform, often used for beginners and warm-ups. With regular exercise, the abdominal muscles become stronger, the spinal column becomes more flexible, the muscles of the neck and lower back are developed.
- Get on your knees with your hands shoulder-width apart in front of you. Keep your arms perpendicular to the floor.
- Move your knees back, spread them to the width of the pelvis. Keep your arches on the floor.
- On a deep breath, bend as much as possible in the lower back, spread your shoulders, stretch your head up.
- Breathe out the air from your lungs, pushing your shoulders and chest up.
- Press your chin against your chest, try to draw in your stomach.
Take a breath, repeat the exercise at least 10 times.
This position is recommended for women after childbirth to quickly restore the shape of the abdomen.
This position works well for the obliques.
- Lie on your side, resting on your palm and the side of your foot. The palm is located exactly under the shoulder, all muscles are in tension.
- The body should be flat, without sagging.
- It is necessary to hold out in this state as long as possible, starting from 20 seconds, eventually bringing the duration of the position to 2 minutes.
- Repeat on the other side of the body.
The exercise must be repeated 3 times.
This exercise strengthens the muscles of the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, increases joint flexibility and elasticity of the ligaments.
- Kneel down, hip-width apart.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Unfold your shoulders, align your back.
- Lean back gently, place your hands on your feet.
- Try to bend even more without throwing your head back, trying to keep it straight.
- Tighten your glutes.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Smoothly return to starting position.
All movements must be performed smoothly, slowly, without jerking.
One of the most important conditions when doing yoga is proper breathing. You need to breathe with your stomach, while inhaling, pushing it forward, while exhaling, drawing it in. Regular yoga classes will allow you to shed extra pounds around your waist, pump up your abs and hips, and strengthen your back.